AutoSoft, Inc. (“ASI”, “we” or “us”) is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals who visit ASI’s Web sites, including http://www.autosoft-asi.com/ and http://www.Dealermarket.com (“Websites”) or subscribe or register to use our Services in compliance with this policy. This policy describes ASI’s privacy practices in relation to the use of our Websites and the related applications and services offered by ASI (the “Services”).
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our Websites, or use our Services, and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information..
This policy applies to information we collect:
• on our Websites;
• through your use of the Services;
• in e-mail and other electronic messages between you and the Websites; and
• when you interact with our advertising on third-party websites, if that advertising links to our Websites.
Please note that this policy does not apply to information collected by:
• us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by us or any third party; or
• any third party for it or its other partners’ benefit, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may be linked to, or be accessible from, the Websites.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Websites, including information:
• by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information");
• that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your ZIP code, age, gender, preferences, interests and favorites; and/or
• about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Websites and usage details , which may include your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring web site addresses.
We collect this information:
• directly from you when you provide it to us;
• automatically as you navigate through the Websites, which may include usage details and information collected through cookies, web beacons] and other tracking technologies; and
• from third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us on Our Websites. The information we collect on or through our Websites may include:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Websites; this includes information provided when you complete the Contact Form at http://www.autosoft-asi.com/contact-us ; we may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, or when you report a problem with our Websites;
• records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us through those means; and
• Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
If you do not want us to collect and use information, please do not provide it to us.
Information You Provide to Us Through Our Services. Customers may electronically submit data or information to the Services, including transaction processing purposes (“Customer Data”). ASI will not review, share, distribute, or reference any such Customer Data except as provided in the Terms of Purchase or Use, as applicable to the respective Services, or as may be required by law. In accordance with those Terms, ASI may access Customer Data only for the purpose of providing the Services, preventing or addressing service or technical problems, at a Customer’s request in connection with customer support matters, or as may be required by law
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Websites, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions usage information and patterns, including:
• Details of your visits to our Websites, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Websites; and
• Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Click here http://www.autosoft-asi.com/opt-out-info.jsp for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on our Websites and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Websites and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
• Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
• Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Websites according to your individual interests;
• Speed up your searches; and
• Recognize you when you return to our Websites.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
• Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Websites may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Websites. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your Information; and
• Web Beacons. Pages of our our Websites and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit ASI, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
In addition, our servers may automatically record information that your Internet browser sends whenever you visit our Websites. These server logs may include information such as your Web request; the Internet Protocol (IP) address you use to connect your computer to the Internet; the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Websites, including date and time of your visit; browser type; and browser language.
We also use third party advertising companies to serve ads on our behalf across the Internet. These third party companies employ cookies and web beacon (also referred to as retargeting pixels,1x1gifs, or action tags) technology to measure and improve the effectiveness of ads for their clients. Web beacons may be used to deliver the cookie and compile statistics about our Websites, such as how many people visited a particular page or clicked on certain links. Although your particular use of the Websites will not be revealed, and no personally identifying information is collected through cookies or web beacons, this anonymous information may be used for online preference marketing purposes and our third party advertising companies may use the information about your visit to our Websites in order to provide ads about goods and services that may be of interest to you. This information may include the date and time of the banner ad shown, related cookie, and the IP address. We may also share aggregated statistics about the use of our Websites with third parties.
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
• To present our Websites and its contents to you;
• To provide you with information that you request from us;
• To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
• To notify you about changes to our Websites or any products or services we offer or provide though it; and
• In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties' goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or adjust your user preferences in your account profile).
ASI uses a third-party service provider to manage credit card processing. This service provider is not permitted to store, retain, or use Billing Information except for the sole purpose of credit card processing on ASI’s behalf.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
• to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
• to contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
• to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of ASI's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by ASI about our Website users is among the assets transferred;
• to third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information].;
• to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it; and
• for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
We may also disclose your personal information:
• to comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request; or
• if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of AutoSoft, our customers or others; this may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
• Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by logging into the Websites and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com.
• Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address or other contact information used by ASI to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by logging into the Websites and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to ASI as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
• Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers' target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com. For this opt-out to function, you must have your browser set to accept browser cookies.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Notice to California Residents
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by ASI or its subsidiaries to a third party for the third party's direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Websites are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Websites. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Websites, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Websites. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Websites.
LAST MODIFIED: DECEMBER 31, 2013